Josh Arnold has represented clients in civil, criminal, domestic, estate, and probate matters since joining the firm in 2011 and has extensive trial experience in state courts. Over time, his focus has shifted to the areas of state and local government law, and he currently serves as City Attorney for a number of cities in Shelby County and Chilton County, as one of the County Attorneys for Shelby County, and represents multiple other governmental and public entities.
Prior to practicing law, Josh taught Advanced Placement U.S. Government and Economics, Psychology & Sociology, and guitar at Shelby County High School in Columbiana, Alabama.
- Birmingham School of Law. J.D., 2010 (with honors)
- University of Montevallo, M. Ed., 2006
- University of Montevallo, B.S. in Social Science, 2004 (magna cum laude)
- Northern District of Alabama
Selected Professional and Community Activities
- Alabama State Bar
- Shelby County Bar, member and President (2022)
- Leadership Shelby County Alumni Board, member and President (2022)
- Shelby County Schools Education Foundation
- Columbiana Main Street, former President
- Shelby County Historical Society, Board member