William R. “Bill” Justice has over forty years of experience in the practice of law, and his primary areas of practice include state and local law, real property law, estate planning and probate, and appellate practice. He is the go-to authority on all matters related to property and land use. He serves as City Attorney for the cities of Columbiana, Calera, Montevallo, Helena, Wilsonville, Harpersville, Vincent, and Westover.
Bill married Beverly Dennis in 1984, and has three grown children. His hobbies include reading history and science fiction, listening to music (no opera), and historical research on the local area and its residents.
- Cumberland School of Law, J.D., 1978 (magna cum laude; Cumberland Law Review, articles editor)
- Auburn University, B.S. Business Administration (Accounting) with highest honor; 1975 (Phi Eta Sigma freshman honorary; Phi Kapp Phi Scholastic honorary; Omicron Delta Kapp leadership honorary)
- Northern District of Alabama
Selected Professional and Community Activities
- Alabama State Bar
- First Baptist Church, Deacon and Sunday School Teacher
- Columbiana Planning Commission, former Commissioner
- Columbiana Zoning Board of Adjustments, Former Board Member
- Shelby County Bar Association, former president
- Shelby County Historical Society, First Vice President
- Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys
- International Municipal Attorneys Association